daphiexn
Time goes faster.
Apr 12, 2013 Friday, April 12, 2013 | 0 comments

real eyes

I remember there was once told an analogy on how the longer you live, the shorter a day will seem.
How yesterday will feel longer than tomorrow. How the same 24 hour would, when you were five year old, seem so much longer than it is to you now.

I was told that we felt time was shorter because we lived longer. Because every day we live becomes a shorter part of what we have lived. Because every passing day makes the day after a fraction shorter.
A better illustration would be that, when you were a week old, your 24 hour would mean to be 1/7 of your life. Whereas when you're, a day would mean 1/7305 of your life.


So at every point, we're twice the age we once were.
And at every point, whatever we're doing, we're contributing in to shortening our days, literally.

-

While I can't be sure that this is entirely true, I quite like the idea of it.

I don't even know why I'm typing all these. But it has been in my head for a few days now, and I felt the need to get it out of my system haha.


OLD | NEW