daphiexn
My two cents: On gay marraige
Sep 9, 2013 Monday, September 09, 2013 | 0 comments

I've been wanting to blog about this for the longest time, but for some reasons have never got to it.
I don't even know where to start really.

-
I first ever got to know about "gay" people was when I was much much much younger. I remember feelings extremely confused cause wtf why cannot wtf. Eventually I got yelled at by my  parents, who were quite annoyed I guess cause I kept asking why cannot hahaha
But I never got an answer as to why tho wtf

All these years I've been having gay friends and all, and I can assure you that they are some of the nicest people in the world. I fucking swear.Some of my favorite people are gay.
Well of course they aren't all nice (or so I've heard - I've never met un-nice ones), but it only means they aren't different from straight people. To be honest, if they hadn't told me I wouldn't have known forever wtf - or at least until they move in and be pretty much married. 

And relationships, regardless gay or not, there're always good times and bad times. And you don't understand how painful it is to see them having to hide their feelings and emotions just so they wont be judged for their preferred love. My heart broke in to crumbs when a friend of mine told me how he had been pretending to be happy for weeks because he couldn't let anyone know that he and his boyfriend broke up; the same friend who said he had never been close to his family because, knowing his parents would strongly disapprove, he was afraid that they would find out. 

The thing is, I dont get it? I don't understand why would a person like, segregated same sex marraige from the usual marraige. Can someone please explain to me cause I've been confused for over 20 years now.

I after that learnt that sexuality is not something we can "choose" per se. (ding ding people. we dont) Just like how some people are born straight, some people are born gay, then some bi, some a.
A, as in asexual. Yes people google it up if you haven't.

Ok Hypothetically speaking, say we can choose our sexuality, ...so? Even if we could, and chose to be gay/bi/a, what does it have to do with anyone else? How is it that a relationship between two persons have to be "socially acceptable"?

I can't say I'm pro-LGBT - I don't agree to the term "pro-LGBT". I don't URGE people to go gay/bi/a/trans, nor do I see a need to force people into being straight. I'm just asking why anti-LGBT?  Why can't people just accept that different people have different spouse preferences? Fuck why do you even care? 

If you say that it's not natural, then can you please get the fuck off the internet cause I'm 900% sure that your damn computer wasn't plucked off a tree. 
If you're coming from a more religious perspective, I'll leave you to Kevin Rudd
#NoHate but I'm not one who is very religious so I don't think it's fair for me to comment on something I don't understand, but idk man he makes sense. 

In the end, the relationship is between the two, and if they're happy with each other I can't see a reason to take away their rights to be together. 

-
I didn't write this blog post to provoke bitter debates, nor do I hate people who just anti-LGBT. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and there will be no one scenario where we will be constantly on the same page. We will just have to agree to disagree.
But I pray for the day people will take the statement being gay just as easily as someone picking red over blue.

My belief is that love and kindness should always prevail.
And, maybe it's just me, but I'd pick love over being against love any day.
-

I'll end this post with the trigger behind this blog post.
image
Not his exact words but pretty much sums it all.

It's probably too quick to judge someone basing just on a quote -I own straight up that I can never keep up with the politics-, but the amount of angry Australians on Tumblr has to mean something.

OLD | NEW