daphiexn
What I've learnt from MH370 and water shortage
Mar 16, 2014 Sunday, March 16, 2014 | 0 comments

If you ask me, March hasn't been too kind to Malaysia lately - not with all the unflattering news going on lately. It has been one thing after another it reminds me a lot of a game called Zuma wtf.
But this post is not about our country. 

First things first, I'd have you know that I completely believe that things happen in your life because you somehow caused it too. 
And so whenever something comes to my attention, I believe that there's always something to learn from it. 


In any case, my heart goes all out to the people who are emotionally drained by the incident of MH370. I cannot imagine what you're going through, but I wish you ease, peace and happiness. 

When I first practised Gratitude, I remember thinking it's crazy that I should be thankful that I survived another night. Like, isn't it just perfectly logical for me to wake up from my sleep? 
Apparently not. But it's lovely to know that almost the entire human kind has such strong faith that there will be tomorrow procrastination is basically a culture wtf. 

MH370 reinforced the reality of how fragile life is. 
The days we take for granted. The people we take for granted. I suddenly thought that what if one day, I just wake up and realized I will never wake up again? What if one day, the people I love most won't come back? Do I really want to risk all that regret?

The biggest blessing in life is life itself. 
They say your body will die, but you cannot die. You will always live in memories, remembered by the things you loved doing, your beliefs, and the changes you've made. You will be remembered by the people you loved, and the people who loved you. The only catch is that you can't change anything when you're left as soul.
I guess I needed this to remind myself how blessed I am just to be able to sit here, typing this blog post. 

I am grateful that I am alive. I am grateful for being given a chance to make amends to my past mistakes. I am grateful to still have a say in how I am to be remembered. I am grateful for a second chance.


-
The water disruption made me realize that there were so many more things to be grateful about. 
Just when I thought that I have exhausted every possible thing to be grateful about, I am given a better insight as to the things I have been unknowingly taking for granted. And I'm not talking about water.

I'm talking about pipes lol. 
Seriously though have you ever realized how important taps and pipes are??? They make things a million times more convenient the founder must have been a genius.

Knowing this opened a whole new window of things I can be grateful for. Knifes, scissors, bricks, walls, roads, tiles, sinks - basically anything that brought convenience. I could go on for hours honestly.

But I digress.

-
The thing is this:
Would you be more thankful?


"If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough." 
- Meister Eckhart


Thank you for putting up with all my rants.
I love you xx

Namaste 


OLD | NEW