daphiexn
Gibbylub
Jun 27, 2014 Friday, June 27, 2014 | 1 comments


*Gibberish alert. I may or may not have plans to verbal diarrhoea my way thru life wtf* 


I just got off the phone with one of my favorite person in the world, and I'm having one of those moments where I try to stitch strings of statements into a phrase, but all that're forming are jumbles of knots. 

So I've decided to just wing it wtf

-
I'm just going to start by admitting that I may just know nothing about relationships - all kinds, but mainly life-partner-couple-relationship. 
Time passed, I watch, and learn, make mistakes, and learn a bit more. But my verdict remains: 

Relationships are really weird things.

I mean, really.


When I was younger (up till I was like 18?) I only believed in love in first sight, and it's not entirely about looks either. The attraction/chemistry had to be there before anything could happen. The idea of "getting to know" someone until you eventually develop feelings for them was completely foreign and absurd. I was legitimately taken-aback when I was pointed out that normal people actually do that wtf

Then I grew up a little more, and thought, maybe I should get to know someone a little more before completely throwing myself into a relationship. It seemed more rational and "proper", as some may say. I mean, it is difficult to justify, saying that you're completely in love and committed to someone you probably can't even name his main traits; Saying "I just know" is probably not enough. 

But that didn't work out well either hahaha. 

-
The more I live, the more I see, the more my beliefs are constantly challenged. Some days I feel like I've figured things out, but I can never be too sure; and I have days where I feel like I'm further from the truth that I've ever been. 

I don't know what the rules of relationships are, nor do I think I will ever completely understand, but what I believe in now, is this:

There's no one rule that fits all, and there's no love that is considered the only one true.


For me, the best relationships is the kind where two individuals, completely capable of being apart, choose to be together; the kind where they help each other grow simultaneously; the kind where they bring out the best of each other effortlessly; the kind where synergy happens. 

But my true is not yours, and so is not yours mine. My true now may even not be my true in the future.

-
Regardless, I choose to be light, and love endlessly.

-
Thank you for letting my words in your life.
Sending infinity love and light to wherever you are ❤

Love you xxx

OLD | NEW