daphiexn
Why Try
Jun 12, 2015 Friday, June 12, 2015 | 0 comments

Heyyersss 


I'm finally back up for good hehehe.
I had every intention to blog since a few days back but lappy broke down hahaha. Plus, Dayre is so convenient I basically throw everything in there and update it daily so there's hardly anything else I can blog exclusively about haha.


Post-exams days have been dreamy - literally, cause I spend most my time catching up on sleep LOLOL. I almost forgot how good it felt to sleep a good 6 to 8 hours! Though, I think all the sleep deprivation I've been through actually made me lose my ability to sleep any more than that wtf. But still SO blissful T_T


-
Had a go on Jodi Picoult's House Rules and finished it in 3 days hehe.

My verdict is this: Jodi Picoult will probably never be my first choice, but her work is still of standard. Depressing (like all her other books), and quite a bit of uh unnecessary suspense, but the characters are very distinguished and honest.

I love that the story is told in a multiple-first person perspective.
The main character (Jacob) has Asperger's Syndrome, which makes him a highly functional person with autism and little ability to be emphatic. I particularly look forward to his parts because it's pretty insightful to see the world from the perspective of a person who is medically incapable of basic social skills, and is painfully literal. Very insightful, I say.

One of my favorite quotes from the book was in the part where Jacob was asked why doesn't he show his emotions. and he says "Don’t you ever look at someone who’s hysterical in public and wonder if it’s because they really feel miserable or because they want others to know they’re miserable? It kind of dilutes the emotion if you display it for the whole world to see. Makes it less pure."

This makes me think a lot.

I would say read it, but try to get it done in a few days cause it is pretty messed up haha. Can't imagine what kind of a vibe you'd be going around if you're kept hanging for too long heh.


-
That's pretty much all I've done for the past few days really. (And a lot of useless things like uh cooking dinner and throwing out papers and everything else on Dayre wtf)

Oh but I did watch Jurassic Park! And it's pretty good. The dinosaurs look very VERY real. and the main characters are pretty cute so would recommend to watch for cute guys hehehehehe :p

-
So yup yup update done hehehe. 
It's 4.52am now so I'm just gonna abruptly end this blog post kay wtf. 

Thank you for reading my ranty blog post! 
I'll come back with better things soon. 
Probably cheat and copy paste stuff from my dayre tho hehehehe

Sending good vibes and happy thoughts 
Love you xxx


OLD | NEW